Monday 26 July 2010

Andrea Joseph how i do love you


I love Andrea Joseph so much, her talent is beyond anything i could ever dream to do... Andrea, sketches everyday objects and things she see's in her moleskins with wonderful coloured ballpoints/biro's. Her work is just fascinating.

I've recently introduced Biro/ballpoint drawings into my Key Stage 3 schemes of work in class, and my pupils are absolutely fascinated by her work when i show them the introduction slideshow with her work in, all my pupils are taken back by a gasp and then a slow Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww follows. Pretty amazing really, especially when you have up to 30 11-16 year old children to entertain at one time! And them along with me, don't think they will ever pick up a biro and look it the same way again. The 'fiver' (above) is the one where the kids actually get up off their seat and touch the projector screen, 'no way,' 'as if,' 'that's amazing.'
I reckon your way cooler than Picasso AJ...

Clap Clap. i heart you.

take a look at her fascinating sketchblog here and here

No comments: